Click image to enlarge
The Sharon Springs Dance Festival 2022
FREE classes and performances. (Registration required for classes)
Bridgman|Packer Dance & ThingsezIsee’em Dance/Theater
Friday, August 12
4:00 PM Bridgman|Packer Dance: A Participatory presentation on Movement and Storytelling for Seniors. at The Pavilion in Chalybeate Park. Registration is not required.
7:00 PM David Grenke & ThingsezIsee’m Dance/Theater: Lecture/Demonstration at Sharon Springs Central School Auditorium. Registration is not required.
Saturday, August 13
10:00 AM – 6:15 PM Master Classes and Workshops for all ages will be offered throughout the day at the Roseboro Hotel. All classes are FREE but students must pre-register. Use the link in the schedule below to register for the classes of your choice; class size is limited.
(Click the class name to read description and register.)
- 10:00 AM – 10:45 AM: Family Movement Class, (ages 2-5) with Betty Gavin-Singer.
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Acro/Dance Class (ages 6 & up) with Betty Gavin-Singer.
- 12:30 PM – 1:45 PM: TICM Technique: Initiation & Sequencing, (ages 14 & up) with David Grenke & ThingsezIsee’em Dance/Theater.
- 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM: Interdisciplinary Compositional Structures, (ages 14 & up), with David Grenke & ThingsezIsee’em Dance/Theater.
- 3:45 PM – 5:00 PM: Musical Theater Storytelling, (ages 14+ Musical Theater Enthusiasts), with Mindy Cooper.
- 5:15 PM – 6:15 PM: Belly Dance, (Teens & Adults) with Maureen Iseman-Broeking.
6:30-8:30 PM Dinner Break
( The Black Cat Café will serve food for sale in the Park with specials for Dance Festival participants.)
8:30 PM & 9:00 PM: Bridgman|Packer Dance
Bridgman|Packer Dance will perform TRUCK, in Chalybeate Park and offer a Video Playground (video interactive installation).
Performed inside of a box truck, Bridgman|Packer Dance’s TRUCK brings performance to unusual locations. Through Bridgman|Packer’s signature integration of live performance and video technology, an ordinary box truck evolves from the utilitarian into a re-imagined space, a micro-world of magical visions and transformation. With constant shifts of context and scale, startling imagery emerges; a house of a thousand rooms, an aquarium, and a leafy hideaway come alive. The work ranges from evocative to humorous, to sensuous, to zany.
An Interactive Video Installation
Video Playground is an engaging interactive installation, where the public is invited to experience the magic of Bridgman|Packer Dance up close and personal. While live video cameras capture the movements of the participants, their images are transformed into designs that are projected onto nearby walls and architecture. Come move, play, and see how you transform the imagery!
Klinkhart Hall Arts Center’s programs are made possible in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature.