2020 Sharon Springs Poetry Festival
Klinkhart Hall Arts Center is pleased to announce that the 2020 Sharon Springs Poetry Festival will take place October 15 -17, 2020 – online and with a brilliant line-up of poets!
For this special online event, poets Mark Doty, Kimiko Hahn and Rowan Ricardo Phillips will join Festival founder Paul Muldoon to conduct free student & adult poetry workshops and perform free public readings . . .
National Grid Matching Grant
(07/31/20) More good news for historic Klinkhart Hall: The National Grid Main Street Revitalization Program has awarded Klinkhart Hall Arts Center a $100,000 matching grant!
This extraordinary award means that we have now raised $1,000,000 of the $1.1 million phase 1 project goal . . .
Special Feature: Historic Performances at
So far, we do not know much about early performers at Klinkhart Hall, but an old poster discovered in the basement during a 2017 clean-up gave us a good reason to start doing research.
Here’s the story behind the poster, and a sample of the performance. It’s the first in what we hope will be an ongoing series of Historic Performances at Klinkhart Hall.
News & Updates
- $100,000 Grant from National GridA matching grant from the Main Street Revitalization Program
- O’Connor Grant Matched!Less than four weeks ago we announced that the O’Connor Foundation had awarded us a $50,000 matching grant… Today, we can tell you that we made it!
- Klinkhart Hall Phase 1 – Updates and PlansThe work plan and budget have been reconfigured to allow for access to, and use of the second floor former Masonic Hall at the conclusion of phase 1.
- O’Connor Foundation $50,000 Matching GrantKlinkhart Hall Arts Center, Inc. has received a generous $50,000 grant from the A. Lindsay and Olive B. O’Connor Foundation.
- $720,000 for Klinkhart Hall Arts CenterPhase One has received $720,000 in New York State grants!
- Feasibility/Reuse StudyKlinkhart Hall Arts Center received its second Technical Assistance Grant (TAG)
Klinkhart Hall Arts Center, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization that seeks to preserve the historic Klinkhart Hall building in Sharon Springs, New York and to establish it as an arts center for the regional and local communities.