coming up next…
Mark your calendar and set your alarm: November 30, 2021 is #GivingTuesday!
Building Project Ready to Proceed!
November 17, 2021 Klinkhart Hall Arts Center (KHAC) has passed the final hurdles to allow construction to begin on our future home on Main Street in Sharon Springs. We have received approval of the complete architectural and engineering plans from the New York State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) and a $500,000 line of credit from the Community Loan Fund of the Capital Region, Klinkhart is poised to move ahead with hiring a contractor for Phase 1 rehabilitation of the building.
KLINKHART HISTORY NOTES
2020 was a difficult year all around, but among other things it gave us some time to dig further into our past.
The Klinkhart History Notes posted here offer some glimpses of what we learned about historic Klinkhart Hall . . . and perhaps suggest what its future might look like when it is once again the place “where art and community meet.”
More Klinkhart History Notes to come!
Project News & Updates
We will always keep you posted on the latest building project news through our email list (sign-up here). Or, you can always find the latest news here:
- Building Project Ready to Proceed!SHPO approval and financing in place!
- National Grid Grant Matched!$100,000 raised in the last two months — in spite of everything 2020 had to say!
- $20,000 from Adelphi!What does it take to raise $100,000? It takes people who believe that we need a place to call home for the arts in Sharon Springs!
- $100,000 Grant from National GridA matching grant from the Main Street Revitalization Program
- O’Connor Grant Matched!Less than four weeks ago we announced that the O’Connor Foundation had awarded us a $50,000 matching grant… Today, we can tell you that we made it!
- Klinkhart Hall Phase 1 – Updates and PlansThe work plan and budget have been reconfigured to allow for access to, and use of the second floor former Masonic Hall at the conclusion of phase 1.
Klinkhart Hall Arts Center, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization that seeks to preserve the historic Klinkhart Hall building in Sharon Springs, New York and to establish it as an arts center for the regional and local communities.