October 14-15, 2022
This is a free event . . . but it kicks off with an exciting fundraiser: Dinner with the Poets!
Read more & purchase your tickets
Welcome to the 2022 Sharon Springs Poetry Festival
The sixth annual Sharon Springs Poetry Festival will feature three extraordinary poets:
Also participating are Festival Founder, Paul Muldoon and best-selling writer & interviewer Jean Hanff Korelitz
On Friday night, October 14, at 7:30 PM each of our guest poets Joyce Carol Oates, Jennifer Grotz, and Terrance Hayes will present a public reading in the auditorium of the Sharon Springs Central School. Afterward, you’ll be able to meet the poets in the lobby, purchase a copy of one of their books — which they will gladly sign — and meet your fellow poetry lovers. This event is free and open to the public.
Paul Muldoon and the three guest poets will conduct poetry workshops for students in local area schools. Sharon Springs Central School will host and coordinate the event, and this year’s student participants will be from Sharon Springs, Cobleskill-Richmondville, Cooperstown, and Canajoharie.
Why are such well-known and accomplished poets willing to do this? Because, like us, they know it is important. Like us, they believe that the arts are essential and that they contribute in direct and tangible ways to the well-being of diverse and democratic societies. What better way to show our commitment to these lofty ideals than to support the work and enthusiasm of our students & teachers?
On Saturday, October 15, Joyce Carol Oates, Jennifer Grotz, Terrance Hayes, and Paul Muldoon will each conduct an in-person poetry workshop for adult members of the community. Workshops are free; anyone 18 or older may register:
- Workshops are two hours (10:00 AM to 12:00 PM) and are strictly limited to 8 participants per workshop;
- Advance registration is required;
- Workshops will be conducted in person in Sharon Springs (locations to be announced).
- Each participant must submit, in advance, a poem of their own composition to share and discuss with the group.
- Limit one workshop per person; one ticket per person.
Registration for these workshops is available now.
PANEL DISCUSSION & CONVERSATION
Saturday, October 15, 2022, in the Roseboro Hotel Ballroom:
- @ 2:00 PM, “Poetry and Power,” a panel discussion with Jennifer Grotz, Terrance Hayes, and Paul Muldoon. Free; no advance registration is required.
- @ 3:00 PM, “Joyce Carol Oates in Conversation with Jean Hanff Korelitz.” Free; no advance registration is required.
The 2022 Sharon Springs Poetry Festival is supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts. To find out more about how National Endowment for the Arts grants impact individuals and communities, visit www.arts.gov.
Additional support for the event is provided by the American Hotel, 204 Main Bar & Bistro, Black Cat Cafe, Brimstone Bakery, Roseboro Hotel, Book House Stuyvesant Plaza, and by the many Friends of Klinkhart Hall.
These events are free to the public, but they are not cost-free to produce.
You can help the nonprofit Klinkhart Hall Arts Center continue to bring the Sharon Springs Poetry Festival to our community by making a donation at